Monday, April 4, 2016

Flares and a Long Run

It’s been awhile. But I’ve got some running and yoga updates to do.

I yoga’ed on Wednesday. It was nice and full. I had some new faces which is always fun. There is something very nice about new students. It reminds us of how far we came and the joy in discovering something new. I kept with the basics and made sure to give accurate cues. With the regulars, it’s not as important and they have general concepts of aerial yoga. Once you have the basics down, the sky is the limit.
Random thought: Love these boots and leggings


The past week I had a cold and a flare. It was a rough week. I didn’t run but did get to yoga. I have to decide when this happens whether or not to suck it up or not. In general, but it felt like this week was a week where I needed rest. Sleeping was minimal and I was teary from the extra pain. It makes me feel powerless over my own body.

But Saturday, I had it. I went to the gym as the weather was unpredictable. I meant to just take it easy. No runs could lead to injury if I went too hard. So I went slow for my 13.2 miles. My pace was 13:26. When I first started, my knee hurt. Not too painful but still uncomfortable enough to notice. It went away after the first mile. Daredevil is starting to get good. I dressed as if it was 70-ish with light capris and my new favorite shirt. It quotes from Firefly. There was some near poetry in that show.
I’m hoping that I can get some more runs in this week. I feel much better but it’s important not to go too hard or I could trigger another flare. There is a fine line that I have to be careful. There is sucking it up and being conscious of what happened last week.




So that’s it. I hope I will be able to give more updates this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment