Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Running to the Wedding

It’s crunch time. The wedding is less than a week and I have a wedding streak going since Monday. I hope to get at least a mile in every day till that morning.

Monday was a nice run. Well, it was hard but I got to 5ks in. I was doing the Global 5k with Runkeeper and Top Gun Run with Will Run for Bling. It just didn’t feel natural. Running more than 10 min together was nearly impossible. I’m not sure why. It could be medicine. It could be autoimmune. It could by bad aerobic ability which I know needs some improvement. Maybe I could do the Bridge to 10k again. Monday, I worked on sprints with some inclined moments. A few of the half marathon improvement plans included that. I worked with a fartlek mentality rather than a hard and fast 2 min of tempo and 30 seconds of sprint. I also added a walking component, since I was struggling. It just feels like my lungs don’t take enough air in. I’m seriously considering doing a stair stepper. Steps wind me right away. I used to work on the third floor of a building and for nearly five years I took those steps and puffed as much from the first day to the last.



Later that day, the dog and I went to a dog park. So I got some more walking mileage in. With hills. The little stinker didn’t want to go very long. In the past, I’ve had to chase her down after two hours. Monday, she was tired after a half hour and sitting next to me waiting to go.


This morning I went for a run. Again, I felt like my lungs weren’t getting enough air to my body. But truthfully, I just felt discombobulated. Even though I woke up at 3:59, wide awake, I kept dropping stuff. I forgot my phone in the car. How does one track one’s run and watch daredevil without my phone? I did some sprints, I did some tempo runs. Personally, I think my natural gait is 4.8mph. This means that some people walk faster than I run. I forgot running socks and only had some thin socks. So I ran sockless. Now I have chafing on the side of one of my ankles. The runs have been more rough than easy as of late. At the same time, I feel happier on days I’ve run. I feel more content and easy going.



So I hope to get a jog in tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow will be a good run. Maybe it will be a great run. 


No comments:

Post a Comment