Monday, February 8, 2016

Floating Along With Life

Life has been rather interesting lately. Aerial yoga took a back seat to a visit with my rheumatologist. They only took two vials of blood this time. But I have to go back for one test still.

Thursday, on the way to the gym, fiancĂ© and I took my car to a friend to get a sound looked at. It sounded like a loose belt. No big deal. Well, it wasn’t the belt. It was the transmission, and it was cracked. So gym time and yoga time turned into hunt for new car time. Even when we had a few spare hours, I just couldn’t bring myself to get to the gym. I was anxious. Some of my cars haven’t been the greatest. I might have, in fact, felt better if I went, but I didn’t.

Long story short, I found a car. And life got back to normal.


I went for a treadmill run on Sunday. It was about 55 min and 4.75 miles. I seemed rather slow but I added some hills. I also added 1-2 minutes of ten minute mile sprints. And I was stuck in my head. And it was rough. The hills were awful. The wi-fi wouldn’t stay connected, so I couldn’t distract myself with Jessica Jones. But around mile 4, things got a little better, and then worse. I have never wanted to puke after a run but I did after this run. I looked like a hot mess after the run. So here is a picture from before I started running. No one wants to see this "after" picture.


This would definitely qualify as a bad a run. Still, I got thru it. Because I could. Because I decided that a bad run was just a bad run and stopping wouldn’t make it better. It would just make it shorter and I would have given up on something that deep down, I knew I could do.


I don’t have a lot to report. That’s really it. So thank you for joining me. We did go to the pet store for crickets and I took a few pictures of the reptiles. I also took some pictures of the dog and dragon in house.





No comments:

Post a Comment