Monday, February 1, 2016

Accepting Life on Life's Terms

Welcome to a new week. We have new opportunities. Let’s take advantage of them.

So what have I been up to?

Tuesday evening I had a birthday dinner with friends. There was twenty of us chatting, laughing and enjoying good food and drinks. It is my favorite restaurant and our waiter was blast. He knew how to handle a bunch of rowdy yogis and friends with humor and ribbing. Seriously, though, I’ve not had a bad dish there and look forward to my next meal there.

Wednesday, I woke up remembering why I don’t drink often or much. I had an appointment with a new doctor. We discussed where I was with my depression and anxiety and made a few adjustments. Then, I had lunch with my fiancé who then joined me for a shopping trip to Dick’s Sporting Goods. Got to pick up some new running clothes. I can feel all spiffy now. While we were there, the fiancé noticed a picture they had on their wall.

Aerial yoga went well. It was rather low key as I was still feeling my birthday drinks. I made sure that we stretched our necks and backs as it seemed we were all carrying some stress there. We chatted about life and what we had all been up to. I am happy that we have a free space to express our feelings as well as express ourselves thru asanas. I think it helps with the mind body connection.


I didn’t run on Thursday. New medicine made me a bit wobbly, but will help with both the autoimmune and depression. So sucking it up till the side effects past, but moving at a fast pace seemed like a bad idea.

Friday, I went to aerial yoga with SDTB. She really enjoys it. It’s always nice to see someone have such joy in the fabrics. Class stretched us out and challenged us. The leg series we do to warm up, I think, might be the hardest part of the class. I learned a new move called infinity and accidently found a way into a wrapped swing seat. Another fun part of aerial yoga is finding cool “mistakes.”


Saturday I was up for a run. I went to the gym early to get a head start on my fiancé and SDTB. It felt so good to run. I didn’t go for any records but tried to keep a steady pace. I averaged out at 12:34. There were a few sprints. I wore some of my new birthday running clothes. I know now where the Bodyglide is needed. I find each piece of clothing has different hot spots. Bodyglide is a runner’s best friend. It is better than Vaseline because it won’t stain clothes.



Did I learn anything over these past few days? I learned it’s ok to take it easy sometimes. I learned to be adaptable. I learned that I don’t have to break records every run. I learned that mistakes can lead to some fun discovery. 

I also learned Karn is rather photogenic




No comments:

Post a Comment