Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Few Holiday Thoughts. The Obligatory Holiday Post.

Hey all. No run to report. It’s the dog’s turn to be sick and I was up with her.

I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. After this post, I might not be back till Monday.


My sense of the holidays is very traditional. We will spend time with family and eat lots of food including homemade cookies. We will ooh and ahh over the gifts given and received. But really the holidays is about love and family, both blood and chosen.

It’s about goodwill to the world. It’s about a sense of love and forgiveness that I seem to forget during the rest of the year. It’s about opening up my heart and being willing to love. Doing my best to love people for who they are and not who I think they should be.


Do those heart openers. Ground yourself to this world (and if you would, your higher Power). Fill your heart with joy and awe.


Run forward into the arms of those that love you and hold your arms open for those that need your love.


Last, there is just something about Linus' speech that gets me every time.
Peanut's Christmas Special

No comments:

Post a Comment