Monday, January 25, 2016

Birthday Week!!!


Welcome back. I’m looking forward to this week. Lots of social events. I’ll have to be sure to get my runs in the morning. Can’t be sure that I’ll be getting to the gym in the afternoons.


Friday, fiancé and I hung out. We both haven’t been feeling well. There have been some lingering colds and we managed to catch it. Plus, a mild flare for me. Achy joints, itchy and burning skin, plus a few other fun things. So I built up my Netflix cue. Also, we discovered that Karn does NOT like kiwi even though it’s supposed to be a popular dragon food. It reminded me of this video:




Saturday I to 11.3 miles in. I did it at the gym. I was lazy and I didn’t want to get dressed for an outside run. Plus, I feel more motivated to shower after. Sometimes, from outside runs, I just come back and crash for a nap. Again, I watched Jessica Jones. Last time I was there, I noticed that I could plug my phone in and watch Jessica on a bigger screen. I decided against after seeing some of the sex scenes. Small screen seemed like a better idea.

It took a while to fall into stride. A guy ran next to me for an hour and congratulated me on my persistence and distance. I played with the incline and the speed. My breath came easy but I could feel my body sucking up all the oxygen as quick as it could. My Brooks kept my feet comfy. I bought a revive Vitamin water when I get to the gym. I thought it a good idea after the 2 glasses of wine on Friday night. And strawberry GU Chomps. It’s my second favorite with watermelon being my favorite. A fellow runner complimented me on my distance and consistency as he headed off to a spin class. I enjoyed watching people get on the treadmill and then glance at me as they left.

My pace was 11:48. It was the best pace so far for that mileage. I don’t know if treadmill running is easier or not. I suppose it is in that you can set it and forget it but at the same time, very few people run at the same pace for an extended amount of time when running outside. It would vary on many factors, like terrain, weather, etc. I think for me, holding a pace is harder for me. And I’m lucky that I can lose myself in music or a TV show and forget that I’m running and getting nowhere. I was content being where I was and doing what I was doing. A long run really lets you get into your mind and explore feelings. There is no hiding from yourself when it’s just you and yourself for 2 hours.


This week should be fun. Stepdaughter-to-be’s birthday is today and we will being going out. Tomorrow, we will be going out for my birthday (on Weds). Wednesday, I have off but that was more incidental (Dr. appointment). I’m considering taking the dog to one of the good dog parks. 
Thursday, I will be getting some blue hair. And wedding stuff hopefully on Saturday.


I’ll be sure to be getting my runs in so I can clear my mind and enjoy all the fun things happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment