Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Short Post for a Short Run

Confession: My running has totally slacked these past few weeks.

It’s been so ice and bitterly cold and trying to nail down a gym has led to a serious deficit of miles. And I haven’t replaced it with anything. I’ve just been lounging..

Tuesday night, I did a little more cooking. I made rigatoni with broccoli and turkey sausage. I’m finding the ratios to be a little off with the Runner’s World Cookbook. I had too much broth with the potato leek soup and too many noodles with the sausage. The flavor was wonderful and it looked nice too. Visuals are important when eating as well. It was rather simple. Noodles, broccoli, red pepper, chicken sausage which I replaced with turkey sausage and feta. I seasoned it with an Italian herb mix I had on hand. It call for basil which I did not have but I imagine would have added another dimension to the flavor. It was very good. Lots of flavor and easy to make. The fiancé enjoyed it as well and said it should be added to our menu. So far the cooking has been a good experience and relatively successful.



Last night, we tried a different gym just to check out a midrange place. It wasn’t our favorite. We got the tour. It felt cold despite the warm color tones on the walls. They kept pushing the deals on us and tried to apply mild pressure on the importance of signing up before we left to waive their large “registration” fee. The equipment was fine. Crowded and base level but fine. I didn’t like that the tread on two treadmills I tried was lose. I played around with the different programs and settings. Watched about some of a Jessica Jones. Discovered I am not level 7 anything. I was worried about slipping off the end with some of the hills. I did just under 2 miles before we left. It as fast but there wasn’t much to compare it to as I don’t usually go that short. Even as we left, they were pressuring to sign up today or we wouldn’t be able to avoid the huge fees.



Tonight is yoga, tomorrow is hopefully some gym time. I hope to get a run in in the morning too as it’s going to be above zero and the dog is getting restless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment