Friday, January 15, 2016

PreRace Report

It is the day before a race. In less than 24 hours, I will be forcing myself to run faster than feels normal. I’ve been so focused on distance, my speed is turtle speed. With the treadmill, I hope to improve my speed. I’ve been doing sub-12 min distances. This will be interesting. I have to laugh too because running three miles used to be an out of this world concept. Now, it's my warm up. It will be great and give me a good chance to push it. I'll be reporting in on the Frosty 5k at the Winter Jamboree probably on Monday.

Before I taught yoga, I dropped off our house guest. Jack fit well into our household. He slept in my arms lest he paced the house for the whole night. He gathered his treats and moved them to eat by my dog. He followed me around like a shadow. I think, he looked a little sad when I dropped him off at his own home.


Yoga had an unexpected visitor. The studio has two different locations and sometimes students end up at the wrong one. And sometimes, class are running concurrently. Wednesday night, we ended up with a lost student. The regular and I encouraged her to stay and try out aerial yoga. She did great. I hope it was a fun experience for her. It is fun for instructors and regulars to have new people. It reminds us to slow down and to really align ourselves in the asana. The class was very casual and we worked our shoulders and necks the second half of class. It felt very nice after as I cleaned up.


Thursday I slept in. I wanted to do a two a day but I needed to sleep. I’ve been tired later. Maybe it’s the weather, or maybe it’s related to the sniffles I’ve had for three weeks now. I went to the gym after work. It was not nearly as busy as the morning was on Wednesday. I’ve now got a treadmill I hope for. I was on one that was a little softer for distance running. Two down from me was a similar model but it had a tv screen and I could plug in my phone to watch Netflix. I will be aiming for that one next time.

It was a great run. It felt good. It was hard and I pushed myself. I again improved my speed and managed my third fastest time. A couple of people ran next to me and fell away. Thank you, Netflix, as I watched the second episode of Jessica Jones and the start of the third. I did catch myself looking at the time and distance but I would then adjust my speed and distract myself with a little Marvel action.



Karn got to finally come out and play. He will be getting a bath and crickets this weekend. But he came and snuggled after I got back from the gym. The dog is getting disinterested in him so far but we will keep a watchful eye. When I put him back in, he was rather photogenic and silly.



No comments:

Post a Comment